TAKE YOUR NEXT STEP
No matter where you are in your faith journey, we want to encourage you to continue growing and taking your next steps. Rather that be starting a relationship with Jesus, being baptized, serving, joining the church or even giving for the first time, we are here to help you! Here at Heart + Soul we believe that there is always a next step to take.
You don’t have to be perfect to receive forgiveness. As sinners we were destined to hell, but because of the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus, He paid the penalty of our sins. If you believe that and commit to following Him, your life will never be the same. Coming into a relationship with Jesus is as simple as repenting of your sin, declaring you want to follow Him and believing He is who He says He is.
1. WHAT IS BAPTISM? Baptism is an outward expression of an inward change. It’s a public declaration of how Jesus changed your life. Being baptized shows others that you’ve decided to follow Jesus, and allows them to celebrate this decision with you (Acts 16:31-34).
2. WHY SHOULD I BE BAPTIZED? Jesus instructs us to be baptized and set the example by being baptized (Matthew 28:19-20, Mark 1:9). Obedience to Jesus shows we believe and follow Him. (1 John 2:3).
3. WHEN SHOULD I BE BAPTIZED? For everyone who decides to follow Jesus, baptism is the immediate next step. Anyone who commits his or her life to following Jesus is ready to be baptized (Acts 8:12).
4. DO YOU BAPTIZE CHILDREN? As parents, we help point our children to Jesus, but they are the ones to decide if they will commit their lives to Him (Romans 10:9). Any instance of baptism follows a person’s decision to trust Jesus for his or her salvation and commitment to follow Him (Acts 10:47-48). Because of this, we wait until children are old enough to express their own decision to follow Jesus and understand the meaning of baptism.
5. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN IMMERSION AND SPRINKLING? Every single baptism that we see in the Bible were by immersion. The original word for baptism most often referred to being immersed or submerged in water. Jesus was baptized by being immersed in the water and rising out of it (Matthew 3:16, Mark 1:10). Submersion in the water symbolizes the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus (1 Corinthians 15:3-4). Being submersed underwater represents our death to sin and old way of life, and being raised out of the water is a picture of how Jesus raised us and gave us a fresh start in life (Romans 6:3-5).
Purpose Pathway guides you to discover your God-given purpose and gifting so that you can live the life God created for you. Purpose Pathway is made up of four steps that equip you to 1) CONNECT to the church, 2) LEARN what we believe, 3) DISCOVER the strengths of your purposeful design and, 4) Join the DREAM TEAM and use your leadership skills and God-given gifts to make a difference in the lives of others. Purpose Pathway takes place quarterly, immediately following the service. Lunch and childcare is provided.
STEP 1: CONNECT takes place week one of Purpose Pathway and is designed to get you connected to the mission, vision, values of Heart + Soul Church. It will also give you an opportunity to meet our staff, as well as give you the opportunity to ask any question you may have.
STEP 2: LEARN what we believe. Through the Bible, we will show you exactly what we believe and why we believe it. This is also a great opportunity for you to ask any questions you may have about our beliefs.
STEP 3: DISCOVER takes place in week three and is designed to help you discover your DISC profile as well as your passions and spiritual gifts.
STEP 4: DREAM TEAM takes place in week four of Purpose Pathway and is designed to equip you to begin using your leadership and gifting to make a difference in the Kingdom of God. We will take the gifting you discovered in step three, as well as your passion, and train you in a specific area of ministry.
Once all four steps of Purpose Pathway are completed and you have signed the Membership Covenant, you will become an official member of Heart + Soul Church.
Serving at Heart + Soul Church begins during Step 3 of Purpose Pathway.
Here at Heart + Soul we place value on Relationships because we believe that no one should do life alone. Because of this, we encourage everyone to join a Heart + Soul Group so that they can build meaningful relationships that will last a lifetime.